Monday, May 19, 2008

Answers and Updates

I thought I would give a small update on things, since several things have happened since the last post. On Saturday, May 10, Nana took her last breath. It is one of those things that if you look deep inside, you know she is so much better off. However, the pain still seems to sneak up on you. The fact that we knew this was coming, did not make it easier to deal with, but there is comfort in knowing that she is in heaven. I went to Mississippi on Sunday and Jonathan came on Tuesday. We held visitation on Tuesday night, and the funeral was Wednesday morning. It was nice. I still think my favorite thing the pastor said was something along the lines of the following (however, I don't remember exactly):
"On the ports of major rivers, once the workers load the ship and send her off, they look down river and say, 'There she goes.' The great thing is that at the port where the ship is headed, there is a crew waiting saying, 'Here she comes.' And although we all look at Nana and think there she goes, there is a crew in Heaven rejoicing and saying, 'HERE SHE COMES, HERE SHE COMES!'"
Another tidbit, Jonathan and I were asked last night if we were ready to go to Nicaragua. That was his way of letting us know that we were accepted. I don't know if either of us have realized that we will be in another country again this summer, but we are excited none the less. Now comes the part where we pray for clarity. We have to decide how to handle the financial part (it will cost us $3200), my course schedule, and other small logistic issues. Please pray with us that God will show us how to work these things out!

No comments: